How to Reach Imphal
The beautiful city of Imphal, the capital of Manipur is connected by Air, Train and Bus from other places as follows :
By Air to Imphal
Imphal Tulihal Airport is located about 8km from the heart of the City and is well connected directly from the major cities of India namely Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Guwahati and major cities of North Eastern States on daily basis with the Domestic Air services like Air India, Indigo, Air Asia etc. Other major cities of India is connected to Imphal via Kolkata/Guwahati.
By Bus to Imphal
Many state-run buses from Nagaland and Manipur Bus Corporation run from the neighbouring towns of Aizwal, Dimapur, Itanagar, Kohima, Shillong and Agartala. You can choose from a regular to a deluxe bus. The bus fare is usually economical.
- From Guwahati daily on the NH 27, NH 29 and NH 2 via Dimapur and Kohima many private buses available.
- From Dimapur daily on the NH 2 via Kohima Manipur many private buses available.
- From Silchar daily on the NH 37 via Jiribam many private buses available.
By Train to Imphal
Though Imphal is a major town but it does not have its own railway station and the nearest railway junction is in Dimapur which is approximately 215 kilometres away from the main city. Some of the popular trains that run from Dimapur are New Delhi Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express and Guwahati Rajdhani. The trains do not run daily so do check the schedule before booking it. Outside the Dimapur railhead, you can hire a taxi or in case you are looking for an economical option, you can also board a bus.
- Guests are requested to come upto Dimapur Rly station to catch the bus as our volunteers will be available.
- From Dimapur to Imphal Buses will be made arranged with volunteers to take ISC delegates and ISC student participants to Imphal.
Many people from Dimapur (210 kilometres) and Guwahati (479 kilometres) drive to Imphal. The road network is quite decent and can be expensive as hiring a taxi can be an expensive affair depending on the kilometres covered.
©2018 by 105 Indian Science Congress, Manipur University